Payday Loans: How They Really Work!
Payday loan companies gives the borrower the amount of the check minus their fee (They get their money up front).
Fees charged for payday loans are usually a percentage of the face value of the check or a fee charged per amount borrowed for every $50 or $100 loaned.
A cash advance loan secured by a personal check - such as a payday loan - is very expensive credit.
Let's say you write a personal check for $115 to borrow $100 for up to 14 days. The check casher or a payday loan lender agrees to hold the check until your next payday.
And, if you extend or roll-over the loan - say for another two to four weeks - you will pay A Fee Each Time you get a extension.
Under the Truth in Lending Act, the cost of payday loans - like other types of credit - must be disclosed.
Among other information, you must receive, in writing, the finance charge (a dollar amount) and the annual percentage rate or APR (the cost of credit on a yearly basis) which when you do the math can be very high.
Top 10 Alternatives to Payday Loans!
1. There are other options. Consider these possibilities before choosing a payday loan:
2. When you need credit, shop carefully. Compare offers. Look for the credit offer with the lowest APR - consider a small loan from your credit union or small loan company, an advance on pay from your employer, or a loan from family or friends.
3. A cash advance on a credit card also may be a possibility, but it may have a higher interest rate than your other sources of funds: find out the terms before you decide. Also, a local community- based organization may make small business loans to individuals.
4. Compare the APR and the finance charge (which includes loan fees, interest and other types of credit costs) of credit offers to get the lowest cost.
5. Ask your creditors for more time to pay your bills. Find out what they will charge for that service - as a late charge, an additional finance charge or a higher interest rate.
6. Make a realistic budget, and figure your monthly and daily expenditures. Avoid unnecessary purchases - even small daily items. Their costs add up.
7. Also, build some savings - even small deposits can help - to avoid borrowing for emergencies, unexpected expenses or other items. For example, by putting the amount of the fee that would be paid on a typical $300 payday loan in a savings account for six months, you would have extra dollars available. This can give you a buffer against financial emergencies.
8. Find out if you have, or can get, overdraft protection on your checking account. If you are regularly using most or all of the funds in your account and if you make a mistake in your checking (or savings) account ledger or records, overdraft protection can help protect you from further credit problems. Find out the terms of overdraft protection.
9. If you need help working out a debt repayment plan with creditors or developing a budget. There are non-profit groups in every state that offer credit guidance to consumers. These services are available at little or no cost. Also,
10. Check with your employer, credit union or housing authority for no or low-cost credit counseling programs.
If you decide you must use a payday loan, borrow only as much as you can afford to pay with your next paycheck and still have enough to make it to the next payday.
For More Infomation On PayDay Loans Visit: http://www.debt-elimination-program-reviews.comThey review and then list some of the best debt elimination, programs, software and books available online in 2005, Including Free Articles, Special Reports and More!
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Student Loans and Financial Literacy in the Golden Age of Information: How Can Ameritech Financial Help - PR Newswire (press release)
Judges May Be Finding a New Way to Deal With Student Loans in Court, Observes American Financial Benefits Center - PR Newswire (press release)
If You're Looking To Borrow Larger Sums of Cash a Home Equity Loan Could Prove Ideal
There are a number of different loan products available today, and the one that you select will depend upon your circumstance and budget as well as on the amount of cash that you need to borrow. If you are a homeowner and you're looking to borrow a fairly substantial sum of money at a low rate of interest, you may find that a home equity loan will prove ideal for your needs.
Are You Ready for Your Students Student Loans?
Your son or daughter is a high school senior and your worried about the coming year, and more importantly, the coming student loans? College has become so important in your children's future that parents have begun to plan for it at their child's birth. But, not all of us, as new parents thought that far ahead or could afford too.
A Renter in Debt? Take Out a Bad Credit Personal Loan
On average, homeowner households earn 95% more than renting households per year. With 26% of a rental households disposable income being spent on renting, in comparison to 15% of homeowners on their houses (not including maintenance), it is unsurprising that people who rent find it harder to manage and turn to bad credit personal loans for help.
A Brief Look At Various Types of Loans Available
A Brief Look At Loans"Innovative financial packaging" is how it is sometime known. Essentially what this means is that financial institutions look for more and more ways to lend to their customers - after all, charging interest on a debt is the main way that they make their money.
Personal Loans for Bad Credit Can Discipline Repercussions of Negative Credit
Bad credit is like an ongoing battle for many loan borrowers. Bad credit has many repercussions for the people when they apply for personal loans.
Unsecured Loans - Substituting Secured Loans
Watching more and more people fall in the trap laid down by the secured loans, you resolved never to take debt help from the lending organisations. Nevertheless, as and when need arises, the lending organisations do have to be approached for help.
The Average Profile of Customers Opting for a Payday Loan Cash Advance
Payday loans are loans of a small amount, taken for a short duration of time. Payday loans are generally meant to be paid off on the next payday.
A Little Lesson on Loans
The opportunity to spend money is everywhere. There is no shortage of places that will take your cash.
A Guide to Common Loan Terms
Many people may wonder about common loan terms? words and phrases that are often tossed about when describing different types of loans that are assumed to be common knowledge.These common loan terms represent very important parts of the lending process, but to the person who isn't entirely sure what the terms mean they can be quite intimidating and cause the person to feel very uneasy about getting a loan.
Law Practice Finance
How do you finance a growing practice? It is impossible to have a successful practice without good cases and managing good cases to a successful conclusion requires money for working capital. So, how does a growing practice secure the working capital it needs?Historically, growing practices in need of working capital have had limited financing alternatives.
What are Home Improvement Loans?
Home improvement loans are loans specifically designed by loans companies to help you fund an essential home improvement projects.Home improvement loans provided by loans companies are secured on the value of the borrower's property.
Guide to Homeowner Loans
Here is a useful guide to Homeowner Loans. A Homeowner Loan is a loan secured against your home.
Why Payday Loans Should Be Avoided
If you are considering getting a payday loan for the first time or are looking for information regarding payday loans, then this article will be of great help to you. Payday loans are designed to provide you with some quick cash until your next paycheck.
Cash Advance Loans Online - A Great Way to Make it Until Your Next Pay Day
A payday advance is a loan obtained to cover unexpected expenses or if you happen to be short on cash and payday is still several days away. Payday advances can usually be deposited into your checking account the very same day you apply or overnight.
The Best Way to a Farm Loan Success
The most important and difficult part in farm mortgage shopping is to compare the farm loans of different lenders. To understand better you have to know that the farm mortgage contains more than interest rates like quoted rate, points and closing costs.
Finding and Getting Bad Credit Loans
If you don't know where to turn for bad credit loans, you're not alone. Thousands of people struggle with their finances month after month, weighted down by a credit rating that they don't know how to fix.
Do You Qualify for a Loan?
Like most people, you will probably wait until submitting a purchase contract on a home before applying for a mortgage. By then, not only will you know the specific property you want, but also how much you need to borrow.
What is an Unsecured Loan?
An unsecured loan is a personal loan where the lender has no claim on a homeowner's property should they fail to repay. Instead, the lender is relying solely on the ability of a borrower to meet their loan borrowing repayments.
Giving Finances a Breather Through Loans for Unemployed
Martin graduated of the college with dreams of a highflying career. However, the subsequent unemployment put a check on his dreams.
Refinance Your Car Loan - 3 Tips For Refinancing Your Auto Loan Online
Refinancing your car loan is an ideal way to lower your interest payments or reduce your monthly payments. By using online auto loan lenders you can be assured that you are finding the lowest rate.
|home | site map|
|TIGER MEDIA© 2006|