How to Get a Business Loan in Five Steps
Need funds to startup or expand your business? Follow these steps:
A lender looks at a loan request in three sections known as the "three C's". They are:
Step one is:
1. Identify your strength and weaknesses in the "3 C's". Do this as would a lender - with a very critical eye. Identify your loan to value ratio and your debt service coverage ratio. If you have reason to believe that you credit is less than sterling, get a copy of your credit report including your credit score
Each lender has different criteria with the cost of the loan being higher as your strength in the "3 C's" is lower. Step two is:
2. Identify lenders who lend to your level of borrower and to your industry type. Call lenders to get their criteria. Learn about the SBA 504 program and 7A loan guarantees. Find who others in your industry have used for financing.
If there is a gap (not a canyon, just a gap) between your borrowing ability and lenders criteria, a loan broker may be able to help. They spend their working hours finding second and third tier (more aggressive and more expensive) lenders and establishing relationships with them. They can act as a salesperson for your project in ways that you as a principal cannot. Step three:
3. If you cannot find lenders on your own, consider hiring a commercial mortgage broker. Be careful - in many areas there is little or no protection under the law for commercial transactions. While a small upfront fee for out of pocket expenses is reasonable, shy away from any that want large upfront payments. If they can do the deal they will be paid very well at settlement. If they can't do the deal they shouldn't be taking your business at all.
Once you identify a list of potential lenders or hire a broker, get prepared. Do not think that the business loan process is merely a matter or forms and paperwork. While there is more paperwork than you'd ever want to see, it is more of an inquisition. Step four:
4. Be an expert salesperson for your project. Obviously, we think that your should use FundablePlans.com to build a written proposal. Whatever method you use, know your numbers and be able to defend them. Understand your market and be able to speak competently about it. Know your competition. Most importantly, (from step one) know your strengths and weaknesses as a borrower and be able to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses.
If you are successful with steps one through four, you will expect to "hit a home run". You may, but most likely you won't. Step five:
5. Don't give up. Where one lender might have too many loans of your type in her portfolio, the next may need exactly your loan to meet his goals (loan officers are paid to lend). This is not to say that you should "beat a dead horse", but if you have a viable project, a good presentation and good "C's", you will be able to get financing.
Good luck with your project, if you have questions about funding feel free to use the e-mail link below.
About The Author
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Benefits of a Personal Secured Loan
A Personal secured loan can offer many benefits, some of which are listed below:Personal secured loans are loans that are offered to individuals rather than businesses.Rates for a personal secured loan will be way lower than for other loan products so it makes good financial sense for many of us over the term of our borrowings.
A Beginners Guide to Low Interest Debt Consolidation Loans
Looking for low interest debt consolidation loans can sometimes seem like looking for gold at the end of the rainbow, but loans with minimal interest can be had even by people with poor credit ratings. The most important things in trying to find low interest debt consolidation loans are to know how to use your collateral correctly and to know the best places to shop.
See What Your Home is Worth
If you thought your home is worth nothing except for living purposes, then think again. It might be holding a treasure, still waiting to be explored.
Getting Good Value Personal Loans
Over recent years, personal loans have become a popular solution for many consumers looking to raise finance for a variety of purposes. You can get personal loans for all sorts of things, from debt consolidation to holidays, cars and other purchases.
Personal Loans - To Make A Personalized Financial Agenda
The phrase 'tailor-made' ought to be made for personal loans. Personal loans have become relatively easy to acquire in UK.
Best Car Loan Rates - Tips To Getting a Low Auto Loan Rate Online
Online car loan shopping practically guarantees that you are getting the best rates. Your location is no longer a barrier to finding the best auto loan rate.
Financial Aid for College Students - Grants
The bad news about attending college is that it costs more than ever to attend. The College Board estimates the average four-year public college costs almost $5,000 per year to attend and a two-year public college is almost $2000.
What is a Business Loan?
A business loan is designed for a wide range of small, medium and start-up business needs including the purchase, refinance and expansion of a business. If you run your own business, it is likely that you will need funds at different points of time for various needs.
Holiday Loans Can Expand The Horizon Of What You See
Why do kids get all the breaks? Winter-weary adults, fed up with gray, uninspired landscapes need spring vacation too. This year consider a get away to a room with an inspiring view.
What are Personal Loans?
As the term implies, Personal loans are simply loans for any personal use. They're known as personal loans because the money is for personal use, such as buying a car or home improvements.
Guide to Bridging Loans
Here is a useful guide to bridging loans. This is a loan that is usually taken out to solve a temporary cash shortfall that may arise when buying a property or business.
Business Credit Scoring: Is It a Killer Application or Application Killer?
In his 1968 seminal novel, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Arthur Clark introduced HAL, a spaceship computer with artificial intelligence. Mission engineers designed HAL to carry out an array of technical orders to safeguard the ship's mission.
Finding an Auto Loan with Bad Credit
Finding an auto loan online is easy regardless of you credit score. By simply completing a simple one page application hundreds of online lenders who will compete for your loan business.
Is Getting A Personal Loan With Bad Credit Impossible? Think Again
A bad credit history is like having contracted an infectious disease. At least this is what most lenders perceive.
A Little Lesson on Loans
The opportunity to spend money is everywhere. There is no shortage of places that will take your cash.
Guide to Personal Loans
Here is a useful guide to Personal loans. What is a personal loan? A personal loan is money lent to an individual by a financial institution for a specific personal purpose.
SBA Loan: Options, Benefits, and Lenders Part 2 of 2
In this second installment, we will further examine what kinds of SBA loan options are available, and for what kinds of businesses they are most advantageous. We will also discuss the different types of SBA lenders.
If You're Looking For Low Cost Car Finance, Loan Companies Offer Some Great Deals
These days having a reliable and safe vehicle to drive is more important than ever. With public transport packed to the hilt and often unreliable, many people have learned to rely on their vehicles to get to college or work, pick up the kids, do the shopping and even to perform their jobs.
A Guide to Finding Home Owner Loans
If you're in the process of trying to find home owner loans with a good interest rate and acceptable terms, you'll likely find that there are a variety of options available to you. As long as you have sufficient equity in your home to secure the home owner loans that you apply for, you're likely to be able to find a loan to meet your needs regardless of your credit rating.
Finding the Secured Homeowner Loan for You
If you've been thinking of getting a secured homeowner loan, you'll find it worth your time to do a little research on these loans and to shop around for the best deal.Getting a secured homeowner loan can help you to take care of any of a variety of expenses? from autos and vehicles to home improvements and debt consolidation, these loans have a much wider spectrum of usage than most secured loans.
|home | site map|
|TIGER MEDIA© 2006|